Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas cookies part 2

Here’s some I made earlier! I made this biscuits about 10 days ago as Christmas present for my friend. The recipe comes from Nigella Lawson’s “How to be a domestic goddess” which is a wonderful cookbook. I spotted this recipe for Christmas cookies months ago and planned to make it. It was quite interesting using a lot of freshly ground pepper next to mixed spice so I used black and pink peppercorns. The dough tasted great (I’m afraid I’m an avid dough eater, somehow it always tastes great before cooking) but when the cookies came out I thought the taste was quite bland. This might have had something to do with the extra flour I had to add as the dough was so sticky, you couldn’t roll it out so I will give this recipe another shot next year.

We decorated the biscuits with a plain sugar icing (icing sugar and water) and some silver, pink and purple sparkles (although he refused to use these last two as they weren’t “manly” enough) and they looked great!

No comments: